By helping teens make healthy lifestyle choices, you will positively impact their lives today, as well as in future relationships and career pursuits.
Ways to Volunteer and Further Support Our Mission
With the Peer Leaders:
- Provide snacks for peer leader practices
- Help drive or take photos on presentation days
- Train or help peer leaders practice their presentations
- Attend a classroom presentation
Using Your Skills:
- Write an article for the PEERS newsletter
- Write an article about PEERS for your local newspaper
- Use your internet skills to help PEERS stay on top of the latest research impacting our work
In Spreading the Word:
- Speak to your church, civic group, or club about PEERS
- Share our infographic
- Use your writing and design skills to create a PEERS brochure
- Host a gathering for your friends with a PEERS staff member or peer leader as the main speaker to help spread the word about our work
- Submit stories of your experience with peer leaders or participants for the e-newsletter or blog
- Ask your Facebook friends to ‘Like’ our Facebook page (facebook.com/PEERSProject) or follow us on Twitter (@peersproject)
Behind the Scenes:
- Provide clerical support (addressing and stuffing envelopes, etc.)
- Be a member of the Local Advisory Council
- Serve on the PEERS Board of Directors
Become a Mentor
Are you a college student looking to have an impact on teenagers? We invite you to participate in the Young Adult Mentor program. See our application page for more information and who to contact.
Donate to the Cause
In order to keep healthy lifestyle curriculum free and taught in the schools, we need your help! Any and all help in continuing our work to keep kids healthy is appreciated.
Donating is simple: you can either contact our offices or make your donation online.
- $48: Supports 1 student participant per year
- $100: Supports 1 Peer Leader per year
- $500: Sponsor a Classroom for 1 year
- $1,000: Sponsor a Peer Leader training/development workshop
Your support makes everything possible.
In thanks for your generosity, we may recognize you or your corporation in the following ways (depending on amount donated):
- Business name/logo on Peer Leader t-shirts
- Name in Annual Report
- Mention of business name/logo on PEERS website
You may also provide support through a planned gift such as through a will or estate. For more information on this, contact Joe Pickard, Executive Director of PEERS Project at 317-592-4016 or email@example.com.
*The PEERS Project of Indiana, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.