Join the movement. Apply to be a Peer Leader.
Are you a high school or college student interested in becoming a part of The PEERS Project?
High School Students (grades 9-12)
The key to the success of The PEERS Project is to identify and train high school students who are positive role models for the middle school students because they “live up to” the same standard they teach.
As a PEER Leader you will receive:
- Training and health education to help you affirm and strengthen your decision to make healthy, positive choices
- Peer support from Young Adult mentors and your classmates through informal meetings and social activities
- Development of communication and leadership skills as you prepare to present The PEERS Project program to middle school students.
As a PEER Leader your commitment is:
- To be “real” and model a lifestyle that demonstrates your commitment to your values, healthy relationships, and avoiding risky behaviors including adolescent sexual activity, drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
- To only post photos and selfies that are modest and discreet.
- To show respect for yourself and others by dressing modestly, and talking and acting like a lady or gentleman.
- To be present at the required Peer Leader Retreat, training sessions, and your presentations.
- To be well prepared to teach your portion of your lesson.
You are expected to:
- Have a desire to live a healthy lifestyle, and seek healthy relationships
- Have a desire to learn about key issues impacting young adults
- Be respectful and sincere in your social media postings (No explicit photos, indications of drug and/or alcohol use, or profanity).