Join the movement. Apply to be a Peer Leader.
Are you a high school student interested in becoming a part of The PEERS Project?
High School Students (grades 9-12)
The key to the success of The PEERS Project is to identify and train high school students who are positive role models for the middle school students because they “live up to” the same standard they teach.
As a PEER Leader you will receive:
- Training and health education to help you affirm and strengthen your decision to make healthy, positive choices
- Peer support from adult mentors and your classmates through informal meetings and social activities
- Development of communication and leadership skills as you prepare to present The PEERS Project program to middle school students.
As a PEER Leader your commitment is:
- Modeling and living a lifestyle that abstains from drugs, alcohol, tobacco and sex before marriage.
- Showing respect for myself and others by dressing modestly, speaking an behaving like a lady or gentleman.
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.5 of greater and using good behavior at school.
- Making good choices outside of school and representing PEERS in the community.
- Being present at practices and informing my team and coordinator when I have a conflict.
- Learning my part of the presentation and being prepared on presentation days.